Tuesday, December 29, 2015

resolution


In the past, I have made some pretty ridiculous and close to impossible resolutions for myself. This list includes: giving up sugar forever, doing my homework the second I get it, never spending money foolishly again, writing a friend everyday for a year, maintaining a perfectly clean house, and to pray, journal, read, meditate, or exercise everyday. The list goes on but I can say with confidence that I have broken each of these rules I established. 

The problem of course lies in the fact I am choosing to make a major lifestyle change for the reason that the year is changing, rather than a desire within me to change. I was making a declaration to change my life out of the need to follow tradition, and that never gets you too far. 

So this year, my goal of learning how to live a healthy life, in all areas of my life, has come out of a growing desire within me. No particular time of the year has spurred this on and therefore it feels organic and attainable. My resolution within myself feels stronger and therefore I have hope that this year will change something within my habits and choices. 

... And if at the end of the year I end up with a cleaner closet and kinder heart, so be it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hej - sounds great! I'll link to my blog: www.thaarup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte! I recognize that beautiful house and city! Thanks for the link :) Hope all is well with you!

      Delete